Mindset and Academic Achievement
« Back to the Main Inquiry Cycle
Background Web Site and Video
Video Viewing Protocol
- Using the Video Viewing Protocol process, engage in a group discuss about the information.
- While the concepts of a growth mindset might not be new to participants, consider how mindset fits into the larger conversation about supporting the social emotional well-being of all students.
Explore and Read at Edutopia
- Using the Edutopia web site as a resource for extending learning, to explore the various articles and videos available on this topic.
- Ask participants to find one article that speaks to them. Each participant will read their selected article and be prepared to share how the content of the article might be applied in the classroom.
- Take turns sharing discoveries.
OPTIONAL- For deeper dive into growth mindset, read Even Geniuses Work Hard and discuss relevancy to selected article.
Actions Between Session
Determine one (1) thing you can do in your classroom as a result of today’s conversation. Set a goal for yourself and implement. Be prepared to share with the team your efforts at the next session.
Back to Top
Previous SessionNext Session